The Pro Finishing Program is a 3-month program designed for students who have completed their Pro Kitchen Program, or an equivalent course from another culinary school.
For applicants who have qualified from another school, SCAFA will conduct a practical evaluation to assess their eligibility for the Pro Finishing Program.
Key features of the program are as follows:
- This program prepares students for the finer aspects of the culinary arts and the business of running a restaurant.
- The program is operated from the School’s student-run, teaching restaurant, SCAFÉ, where students are taught a range of practical skills in a real operational environment.
- Students will learn skills ranging from running a business in the hospitality industry, menu development and costing, purchasing and managing produce, professional service, fine dining preparation, presentation and plating, palate development, and restaurant operations.
- The School’s restaurant is the special platform from which these skills are taught to students.
- The class size is restricted to 4 students only to ensure each student gets individual attention.
- Upon successful completion of the Pro-Finishing program, students can sit the City & Guilds Level 3 diploma and sit the written exam and prepare the documentation required for submission to City and Guilds London
KHDA certification & City & Guilds 8065-04 Level 3 Advanced Diploma In Food Preparation and Supervision
The program will cover the following areas:
|Week 1 – 3||– Kitchen structure
– Mise en place
|Week 4 – 5||– Standard recipes
|Week 6 – 8||– Market analysis
|Week 9 – 13||– Dish development
– Menu development, engineering & design
– Menu launch
|Week 1 – 13||– Scafé mise en place and practical experience|
- Start Course: 08/03/2020
- Duration: 3 Months
- Prerequisites: Yes
- Skill Level: intermediate